FAQ'sFrequently Asked Questions
Call us if you have additional questions.
1. DO I PAY TAXES?
Resellers and nonprofits are exempt from paying sales tax.
2. WHAT ARE YOUR PAYMENT TERMS?
For COD customers, payment must be received prior to scheduled delivery or before product leaves the Hicks Commercial Sales property.
Cash, Master Card, Visa, American Express and Discover are accepted. Business Checks will be accepted only with the company name imprinted on the front of the check. Please note that no third party or postdated checks will be accepted.
For our approved credit-term account customers, we require that payment be made within 30 days from the date of the invoice. To become a credit-term customer, please submit a credit application and please allow 5 – 7 business days for credit application processing.
3. DO YOU ACCEPT RETURNS & EXCHANGES?
All sales are final. We make no warranty or guarantee, expressed or implied, as to the description, productiveness or health on the products we sell. We will not be responsible for the results of the plant material in the landscape. Acceptance of plant material at the time of purchase is considered acknowledgement of this policy.
4. CAN I SCHEDULE A DELIVERY?
We deliver across Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and the Bronx.
Please contact your salesperson for availability, minimums, delivery charges and to schedule your delivery. Orders must be finalized before 12:00 PM the day before the requested ship date in order for us to process and pick all orders and to ensure a timely delivery schedule.
Due to the strength of our vendor relationships and buying power, Hicks Commercial Sales can efficiently source large quantities of product for you, directly from the grower, at very competitive prices. We can drop ship to your desired location. Ask one of our Sales Representatives about our Hicks Direct program.
5. DO YOU PROVIDE SHIPPING?
We currently do not offer ground or air shipping, but we do have local truck deliveries.
If you need large quantities, we can source and drop ship to you directly from the grower to your desired location. Ask one of our Sales Representatives about our Hicks Direct program.
6. CAN I SPECIAL ORDER SOMETHING I CAN’T FIND?
Yes. Whether it’s something you can’t find or if you need large quantities, we can source it for you. Just let us know. We will do whatever we can to get what you need for your project
7. DO YOU OFFER CONSULTATIONS?
Yes. If you are uncertain about the best products to use for your job, please ask for our assistance. We are here to help you. Our Sales staff is trained and highly knowledgeable in all areas of landscape horticulture. Your success is very important to us!
8. HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER?
To place an order with Hicks Commercial Sales, you can either:
- Visit us in store at 100 Jericho Turnpike, Westbury, NY, or
- Call us at 516-334-8754
In the very near future, you will be able to place an order online and pick up in-store. Stay tuned.
9. HOW DO I PICK-UP MY ORDER?
You have two options:
- Place your order with one of our sales professionals. We will pick the products and maintain them in our holding area until you’re ready to pick them up.
- Select the products yourself. We will tag them and maintain them until you’re ready for pick up.
10. WHAT’S THE TIERED INCENTIVE PROGRAM?
Our incentive program is a customer savings program where the more you spend, the more you save. Here’s how:
- Purchases from the prior year determine your current year tier eligibility. (All purchases are calculated into fiscal year-end sales)
- Discounts will occur automatically at the time of purchase.
- If you attain a higher tier during the calendar year, you will advance to the next level of discount. In addition, you will receive retroactive credit for prior sales during that year, that you would have achieved under the new tier! This credit will be applied to your account.
- If you are new to the program or have questions about your status, please speak with one of our sales representatives for more information. CLICK HERE for more information.
for a Wholesale Account.
We would love to be your wholesale landscape resource. Horticultural professionals in trade and retail businesses are welcome to apply.
A response via phone or email will be provided within the next business day.
Submit by mail, email or fax the completed form along with proof of business (can include business certificate, NYS resale certificate or company voided check). If you are a florist or a retailer please provide us with the ST-D120 form.